You can find me on the road in the next few months lecturing, consulting, or teaching workshops at the following places:
Living Jazz, Oakland, CA
Facilitation of Board and staff planning meeting.
Women in Film, Seattle, WA
Teaching an evening workshop: Where is the Money? The Art of Funding your Film, http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/721255
Women in Film, Seattle, WA
"Get Your Film to the Masses" a day-long workshop taught by father and daughter team Morrie and Leah Warshawski. http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/721198
I do work with film and video makers individually on a wide range of topics. I prefer to help a filmmaker work on everything that goes into making a
career (focus, long range goals, marketing/p.r., fundraising, distribution, etc.). However, many people, approach me wanting specific advice on fundraising
for a specific project, which I am happy to do as well.
For all new clients I need to begin the relationship with an INITIAL CONSULTATION, for which I charge a flat fee of $500 for the Initial Consultation, or $900 for the Initial Consultation plus 3 hours of follow-up assistance. This consultation consists of the
filmmaker first sending me as much of the following material as possible:
1. Your personal MISSION STATEMENT as a filmmaker (one sentence, and I can provide examples); and a list of what you feel are your CORE VALUES.
2. Brief description of what you want to be doing 5 years from now.
3. Information about the project you are currently making. Just pretend I'm a foundation and either send me a copy of a recent grant proposal or as much of following as you have together: description of project, its audience, your distribution plan, resumés of key people and a detailed BUDGET.
4. Your RESUMÉ.
5. PRESS CLIPPINGS about yourself and/or your project and/or your crew.
6. A list of questions you want to ask me and/or the topics you'd like to cover.
7. List of places that have rejected your proposal, places that are currently considering your proposal, and list of places/people you intend to approach.
8. If you are using a video clip for fundraising, I can look at a 5-10 min. portion.
Your check or money order for $500 must accompany these materials before our first session. After I receive and read the materials I will arrange
a time for you to call me long distance (or meet in person) and we will spend two hours together, during which I will give you my impression of
your materials, suggestions for changes and next steps, and answer your questions.
At the end of this session you will have a good idea of what I think you should be doing next, what kind of help you might need and whether or not
you will want to work with me any further. I also will know whether or not I can be of any further help to you and if your projects fit within
my areas of interest. Any further work can either be done on a per-hour basis or a retainer to be used on a regular basis over a 6-12 month period
of time. More questions? Just e-mail and I promise to get back to you soon.